Em 1644, o Monsenhor Antônio de Marins Loureiro elevou o Curato de Santo Antônio do Cacerebu, provisoriamente, à categoria de Paróquia ou Freguesia, por desmembramento da freguesia da Candelária, que através de Alvará Régio de 1647 foi confirmada como Freguesia de Santo Antônio de Cacerebu abrangendo mais 10 léguas (66km) ao norte, sendo popularmente conhecida como Freguesia de Santo Antônio do Macacu.
Ver postagens neste blog: Convento de São Boaventura e Igreja de Santo Antônio de Sá
Village of Saint Anthony of Sá: Brazil, State of Rio de Janeiro, Municipality of Itaboraí, Porto das Caixas.
It was the second village founded in the actual State of Rio de Janeiro. Its origins was a hamlet around the Chapel of Saint Anthony of Cacerebu or Macacu, erected ca. 1612, and, in 1644, it became a Parish. In 1697, it received the title of Village. It was a very prosperous village, due to its fertile lands and its closeness to the River Macacu, the biggest in Guanabara Bay. The Village produced sugar-cane, manihoc, beans, flour, tobacco, molasso and a spirit produced from sugar-cane and much used as a means of exchange for slaves in Africa. It was also the biggest producer of wood and vegetal coal of Guanabara Bay. But, in the end of eighteenth century, due to the cutting of wood, the river suffered silting and marshes became common place. After 1829, the Village suffered a series of epidemics of infectious diseases (Macacu fevers), probably Malaria and/or Yellow Fever, with many deaths. The village became depopulated and was progressivelly abandoned. In 1868, the semi-abandoned village lost its condition of Village
|Casa de Câmara e Cadeia, frente e lado direito|
|Casa de Câmara e Cadeia, frente e lado esquerdo|